Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance
Our careers advisor will work with the Careers Leader to organise meetings for students and actively promote the options available.
The careers support programme at The Skipton Academy focuses on encouraging each student to consider a wide range of career pathways and provides the support to make their goals a reality.
We achieve this by offering students timely independent careers guidance during one to one career interviews for every student in KS4.
The Skipton Academy is committed to providing careers support and advice.
Key Stage 4 (Year 9-11)
- Careers Fair
- College/Sixth Form College/Apprenticeships presentations
- Careers interview for students during Year 9 to Year 11
- Information on College/Sixth form open dates
- Support with completing College/Sixth Form/Apprenticeship applications
- Parents’ evenings and assemblies offering support and guidance
- Close monitoring for more vulnerable students