What is Higher Education?
UK higher education (HE) offers a diverse range of courses and qualifications, such as first degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HNDs), and foundation degrees. It includes any qualification at Level 4 and above. A BA or BSc (Hons) degree is a Level 6 qualification
Going to university is a great way to expand your knowledge, meet new people, and enjoy new experiences. This page contains the key information you need to decide whether university is right for you
Useful links and websites:
- www.ucas.com – provides comprehensive, objective information on higher education
- www.applytouni.com – student information about university, applying for a place, the application process, personal statements, interactive map of university locations.
- www.coursefinder.co.uk – search and compare university courses on Which?
- www.whichuniversity.co.uk – information and advice on applying to university.
- www.unistats.direct.gov.uk – information including student satisfaction ratings, graduate employment, salaries, tuition fees, financial support and accommodation.
- www.studential.com/personalstatments – advice on creating personal statements
- www.prospects.ac.uk – graduate careers website, including careers advice, job profiles, work experience and post-graduate study.
- www.gov.uk/studentfinance – information on student finance, how and when to apply, entitlements, how to pay back etc
- www.heaponline.co.uk – listed as a starting point for research on HE courses
- www.nelson.ac.uk – Nelson and Colne College – various courses available
- www.burnley.ac.uk – Burnley College – various courses available
- www.keighleycollege.ac.uk – Keighley College – various courses available