SPIRITUAL, MORAL, SOCIAL & CULTURAL LEARNING
All schools have a responsibility to support their students in developing a wider understanding of the world and their place and responsibilities within it.
At The Skipton Academy we try to incorporate this understanding into everything that we do.
- Recognise the difference between right and wrong and readily apply this
- Understand the consequences of their behaviour and actions
- Investigate and offer reasoned opinions about moral and ethical issues
- Understand and appreciate the viewpoints of others
- Use a range of social skills in different contexts
- Willingness to participate in a variety of communities and social settings
- Acceptance and engagement with British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance
- Understand and appreciate the:
- wide range of cultural influences that have shaped their own heritage
- range of different cultures within school and further afield
- Have knowledge of Britain’s democratic parliamentary system
- Participate in and respond positively to artistic, musical, sporting and cultural opportunities
- Explore, understand and show respect for different faiths and cultural diversity