Challenge and Celebration Week
School trips and outdoor enrichment opportunities are an important and memorable part of your education.
They enhance learning, improve staff/student relations in the classroom and help you to become more independent, grow in self-confidence and develop teamwork and leadership skills.
Our aims for Challenge and Celebration Week are to:
- Provide students with a variety of enjoyable and purposeful enrichment experiences throughout school life.
- Give students and tutors a chance to really get to know each other in a non-classroom setting.
- Give students a feeling of belonging and pride in their year group.
- Increase opportunities for students to show leadership qualities, no matter what age.
- Allow students to enjoy the great outdoors and some fine summer weather at the end of a hard school year!
A typical programme at a glance:
|Year 7||Carousel of local activities and day trips|
|Year 8: Option 1||Three-day residential to London|
|Year 8: Option 2||KS3 carousel of local activities and day trips|
|Year 9: Option 1||Three-day residential to The Lake District|
|Year7 - Year 9||A carousel of in-school-based activities|
|Year 10||Work Experience Week|
The programme of activities planned for all year groups will give students a varied and enjoyable end-of-year experience throughout their school career. Obviously, a programme such as this is never cheap, but we hope that the mix of activities in terms of cost, and a long-term vision of what students will experience throughout their time at The Skipton Academy, will encourage you to meet the financial impact of such a programme.
Students who are in receipt of the Pupil Premium may receive financial support to meet some of the costs of the programmes. Please contact email@example.com if you require any further information