What to Expect
- The day will start with a welcome from the staff.
- You will then be divided into groups and given a briefing on the day's activities.
- You will spend the rest of the day learning bushcraft skills and taking part in activities.
What to Bring
Please bring the following with you on the day:
- A packed lunch
- A refillable water bottle
- A hat
- Comfortable shoes
- A rain jacket
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
Benefits of Bushcraft Day
Bushcraft Day is a great opportunity for Year 7 students to learn new skills, make new friends, and have some fun in the great outdoors. Some of the benefits of Bushcraft Day include:
- Learning new skills: Students will learn how to build shelters, start fires, cook food, and identify plants and animals. These skills can be used in a variety of settings, such as camping, hiking, and survival situations.
- Making new friends: Students will be split into small groups and will have the opportunity to work together and get to know each other. This can help to build friendships and create a sense of community.
- Having fun: Bushcraft Day is a fun and engaging activity that will allow students to explore the outdoors and learn new things.
What day will the Bushcraft day be held on
- 3 tutor groups will complete their bushcraft day on Wednesday 28th June 2023
- 7AYL, 7CC, 7OC
- 3 tutor groups will complete their bushcraft day on Thursday 29th June 2023
- 7BL, 7DH, 7JJ
Further details will be provided to parents and students nearer the time